INVITATION TO REGISTER FOR AN NAHL PROBATIONARY SEASON
YOU RECEIVED THIS INVITATION BECAUSE YOU EITHER EXPRESSED INTEREST IN THE NAHL-PGH OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW RECOMMENDED YOU
Thanks for your interest in the NAHL-PGH. You are officially invited (drum-roll please) to join our invitation-only league on a probationary basis for Season 6 which begins on 02-Jul-2014. Don’t be overly flattered - we’re not that good! But we do have a lot of fun. We hope you’ll consider our invitation.
BEFORE YOU ACCEPT the invitation, let us lay out this important disclaimer - The NAHL has a very carefully thought-out philosophy and some hockey players will think we've gone a little over the top with the format and organization of the league. That's OK. We know the NAHL is not for everyone and we’re fine with that. If we’ve learned anything from our five years of running the USL and our first five NAHL seasons, it’s that there are a lot of you out there who want the same thing that we do in an adult hockey league - it's gotta be safe, fun, competitive and sportsmanlike. If you're a balls-to-the-walls kinda guy who still has something to prove when you're on the ice, you can stop reading now. Thanks for your time.
TAKE SOME TIME TO LEARN WHAT THE NAHL IS ALL ABOUT! There are important things you need to know about the league before you accept our invitation. Please take a few minutes to READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE and the following pages on the NAHL website...
FIND OUT NOW IF THE LEAGUE FORMAT AND ORGANIZATION IS NOT TO YOUR LIKING. It will save us all a lot of time and YOU a lot of money if we can avoid booting you out of the league because you didn’t take five minutes to do your due diligence. BTW, expulsions from the the league come without a refund!
ALL FIRST-SEASON PLAYERS ARE PROBATIONARY MEMBERS OF THE LEAGUE. As a probationary player, you will pay the full season registration fee and purchase a USA Hockey membership if you don’t already have one. About 2/3 of the way through the season, the NAHL officers and committee (7 in total) will vote to decide if new players have earned full-member status. This is also your opportunity to tell us if the league is not for you. If you are not voted full-member status or if you wish to withdraw from the NAHL, you will be refunded the pro-rata amount of all games scheduled AFTER the vote. No refunds will be made until AFTER the voting process is concluded.
INITIATION FEE. Players who are voted full-member status have the distinguished privilege of paying the one-time, non-refundable NAHL initiation fee of $75. This fee is required from anyone accepting full-member status in the league before he registers for a subsequent season.
TEAMS / ROSTERS / GAMES. There are currently six teams in the league with rosters consisting of 12 skaters and 1 goaltender. Each team will play approximately 16 regular season games. Every team is guaranteed one post-season game and the two finalists will get one extra game to decide who will be crowned the Season champion and earn the Stanley Can. The "Can" is a beutifully crafted work of art consisting of a large galvanized bucket bolted to a stainless steel salad bowl. You will be proud to compete for such a trophy!
FEES. The registration fee for Season 6 is $310 for skaters and $155 for goaltenders. The fee includes two jerseys - one home and one away. If you are not already a USA Hockey member, you will need to become one. The annual cost to be a USAH member is $45.
ACCEPTANCE AND REGISTRATION. So, if you're still reading, you must be interested. (Yeah, we know this is long - thanks for hanging in there!). To keep things simple, accepting your invitation is the same thing as registering. Please follow the steps below to register. REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS AND THE LEAGUEATHLETICS.COM REGISTRATION SYSTEM WILL STOP TAKING REGISTRATIONS WHEN THE QUOTA IS FULL.
- Become a USA Hockey member. (If you are already a current member, skip to step #2. You will need to provide your USAH number when you register for the NAHL). Click here to open the USA Hockey registration web page. You will receive a confirmation email immediately after signing up which will contain your USA Hockey number. Keep that number handy.
- Click here to open the Season 6 Online Registration page. Several registration options will appear. Scroll down to the option named "Season 6 - New Probationary Season." Read the details about the upcoming season and follow the instructions to start the registration and payment process. In addition to basic contact information, you will be prompted to enter your USA Hockey registration number, Position and Sweater Size.
- You will be asked to confirm that you agree with the league philosophy, policies and mission statement.
- Select if you are signing up as a Skater or Goaltender, complete the payment process and VOILA, you’re done!
- Remember, registration is first-come, first-served. Good luck!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thanks.
NAHL-PGH Membership Committee